Issues relating to management of potentially acid-forming mine wastes, metals leaching and soil properties for rehabilitation and final landform stability are becoming more important within the mining industry.
With over 70 years' combined experience, MBS can provide a range of geochemical services including:
- Geochemical assessment, design and management of waste rock and tailings, including leachates and acid rock drainage.
- Hydrological and geochemical design of environmental monitoring programs.
- Geochemistry of bauxite including evaluation of bauxitic red muds for neutralisation of acid mine drainage and agricultural purposes.
- Nickel – copper – platinum group minerals and vanadium – titanium mineralisation geochemistry.
- Hydrothermal copper and copper-gold mineralisation geochemistry.
- Geochemistry of volcanic massive sulphide hosted base metal mineralisation.
- Soil fertility and plant nutrition, with specialised expertise in phosphate sorption and management of hostile soils.
- Chemical assessment of clay liners and semi-permeable barriers for tailings management.
- Acid Sulphate Soil surveys and assessments.