Rehabilitation and Closure
Mining operations usually require reinstatement of ground conditions to minimise residual impacts of project activities upon the local ecosystem and landscape. These works may range from mine site and tailings storage facility rehabilitation to ongoing (progressive) rehabilitation or completion of project decommissioning.
MBS Environmental can assist with:
- Design of stable landforms.
- Development of integrated rehabilitation strategies.
- Preparation of Rehabilitation Plans.
- Preparation of Mine Closure Plans relevant to all stages of projects.
- Mine closure costings.
- Rehabilitation costing and budgeting.
- Calculation of environmental bonds/financial assurances.
- Establishing self-sustaining vegetation.
- Rehabilitation monitoring and reporting.
- Supervision of rehabilitation and mine closure activities.