MBS Environmental has been involved with the Nifty Copper Operations in the Great Sandy Desert since 2002 and has provided a broad range of environmental services including:
- Operational Environmental Management, Monitoring and Reporting to meet tenement and environmental licence conditions.
- Submission of Mining Proposals for a new underground mine and copper concentrator and changes to existing operations.
- Works Approval for new copper concentrator, workshops and Tailings Storage Facility.
- Submission (ARI) to EPA for construction of a gas pipeline.
- Native Vegetation Clearing Permits for minesite expansions.
- Baseline Ecological Surveys for gas pipeline ARI and Clearing Permits.
- Waste Characterisation and Rehabilitation and Closure Planning for Waste Rock Dumps.
- Development of Environmental Management Plans for Hydrocarbons, Surface Water, Native Vegetation and Special Fauna (Marsupial Moles).
- Fauna clearance, relocation and handling during construction of a gas pipeline.
- Contaminated Site Assessment and Reporting.
- Regulatory Compliance Assessment and Reporting during construction of a gas pipeline.
- Internal Compliance Assessment and reporting.